Re: Re: Re: Re: Gronitz PCM CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric on October 23, 2001 at 15:25:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Gronitz PCM CC posted by Anthony Labelle on October 23, 2001 at 13:26:46:

Vince sent me a Gronitz PCK (6/4 sized) tuba this past summer on a trial basis. I was originally told that the tuba cost $9,000 but then after telling him that I could get a new one from Tony for $6,000 he said he would send it out for $6,500. Tommy Johnson bought the other PCK that Tony had highly recommened it to me. The reason that I had Vince send me the tuba was because I wanted to try out the Gronitz and the 2 VMI Mel Culberston models (4098 $ 5198) along with my MW 2155 and Tony wouldnīt send out the tuba on a trial basis. These were the big tubas in my price range. After 3 days of recording myself playing these 4 tubas in a average concert hall at a local Jr college, I choose to buy the VMI 5198. The Gronitz is a good tuba though I felt that I could play smoother and I felt that the intonation was slightly better on the 5198. The Gronitz sound is alot brighter which can be good though I felt that in the very loud dynamics the 5198īs sound held together better. I donīt think you could go wrong with the Gronitz though I donīt think that any of the 3 big tubas I tried are "GREAT" tubas. I think it is a matter of apples and oranges. I would like to try out a new Gronitz because the Gronitz that Vince sent me is a couple of years old. FWIW; I bought the VMI from the Brasswind and I received nice treament from Mike Russo. Good luck!

Follow Ups: