Re: Re: Re: Re: OK, I did it - update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin H. on October 19, 2001 at 22:55:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: OK, I did it - update posted by js on October 19, 2001 at 19:20:11:

Nope, I didn't go this past summer. I went in 2000. I plan on going this year though. As for the food, I thought it was pretty decent as long as you didn't eat the same thing every day. I went up there for a few days back in '98 and saw some of the food, and it was NASTY. When I was there it was much improved from back then. As for the lake water, I didn't ever go swimming, but I heard the fish nibbled at you if you did. As for the "student barracks", well that's actually pretty close to true, for the young'uns anyway. I was the youngest student on campus when I went, so of course I got the crappy cabin. No air conditioning, and about 10 people in a room. Made for some nasty bathrooms. Some nights it was so hot, I couldn't sleep. I'll have to remember to bring a fan this year. For me, it was all worth it for the way the camp itself was set up. I got to play in 3 ensembles for most of the season. I also was in composition and theory, and did a student recital. It was all great, but really stressful I was busy all day, and on top of that, I had to work 8 hours a week to pay off the scholarship. I got burned out quick. I'll just not do as much stuff this year.

Austin "in a talkative mood today, and am way off the original subject" Howle

Austin

Follow Ups: