Re: Re: OK, I did it - update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on October 19, 2001 at 00:39:49:

In Reply to: Re: OK, I did it - update posted by clarification of opinion on October 19, 2001 at 00:18:34:

While that was your experience, it certainly wasn't mine. I picked up a Concert Hall H4 at a very reasonable price. It's similar in size and shape to a Bach 7 (which I do own), but it plays entirely different than any m.p. I've ever owned. It does everything, for me anyway, that people say that these heavy-weights are supposed to do: the notes slot better; and the octaves are better in tune as well - a bit less "shrinkage" of the octaves. The tone seems to be VERY even across all registers, and the basic timbre of this m.p. is rather dark. However, the drawback is that the extreme highs seem a bit harder to play. So far, I've used it on a B&H Eb, and on a M.W. BBb for three day Otoberfest gig which included a lot of marches. Even just "buzzing" this m.p. feels a bit different to me. That doesn't mean that I'm going to use this m.p. in all applications, however. Still, I have no regrets in adding this bad boy to my m.p. arsenal, which is far more impressive than my tuba arsenal.

All of that said, you would be correct in saying that I'm NOT comparing Apples to Apples.

Barry Guerrero

Follow Ups: