Re: Weril CC Tuba: Your opinions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on October 10, 2001 at 16:26:44:

In Reply to: Weril CC Tuba: Your opinions... posted by For those who own it on October 10, 2001 at 07:52:27:

I have that very horn in silver, and it happens to be for sale. It's a good horn for the money. A little bit of slide pulling in the lower register(mostly just 4th valve combinations), and a moderate amount of lipping and alternate fingerings in the upper register. All of the slides are easily accessible, so intonation has never been an issue for me.

As for my specific horn, there are no notable dents in it, just a scratch on the back side of the bell. The silver plating is "dull" on the front of the bell, but that part's covered up when you're playing, anyways. Valves are smooth and quiet, lapped the slides myself, they're great. The horn's located in Superior, WI(right next to Duluth, MN), and costs $1,500 if you want it.

It's a decent horn that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to an adult amateur or a student on a budget. It takes a little extra work to play it well, but at the price they go for, I'd say that it's well worth it.

my $.02

Anthony

Follow Ups: