Re: Mahler DVDs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on October 09, 2001 at 17:45:25:

In Reply to: Mahler DVDs posted by Andy Cattanach, UK on October 09, 2001 at 06:53:21:

I am the guy that mentioned about the LSO/Bernstein DVD. I bought it in Tokyo, Japan. I know there is a VHS tape of this floating around somewhere too. The DVD is put out by DG and Unitel. Over here in Japan they are releasing alot of things on DVD that have not made it to the states yet, I also found a Philly/Ormandy -Pictures/La Mer/Planets DVD that is very nice. Paul K. had just got in the orchestra playing on his old Alex. This one is on Philips and Unitel. I do not who Unitel is but I am guessing they are the ones taking the original live recordings and reproducing them on disc. I bought both of these at Virgin Records which is a European company I think. Tower records over here has a big stock of DVDs too. Tower records over here has a big selection of Classical DVDs too. In fact they have what seems to be the entire later Mahler/Bernstein cycle. I also saw thet the Met Ring has been put on to DVD, this stinks for guys who have already spent the bucks for the tapes. I own the box cd set so I am not sure I will be spending the bucks for them. By the way, I also have the CSO Mahler 5 and the Alpine Disc metioned and they are both quite amazing.

Follow Ups: