Re: Re: Re: My Statement Regarding the NYP Posts....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on October 03, 2001 at 04:43:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: My Statement Regarding the NYP Posts.... posted by Anthony Mason on October 03, 2001 at 03:59:14:

Anthony,
It's been a long time since I was 18, and I can only thank God that I didn't have a forum like this, or I might have done something much dumber; but please, go back and read your original post. Saying, "I have known the truth about Mr. Deck and his current situation for some time now", and not telling us what that truth *is*, it is unimaginable that anyone would NOT think you were confirming the rumors; and nothing else in the remainder of the post steered the reader away from the original misinterpretation.

If being 18 excuses you from being unclear - which, IMHO it does - it does NOT excuse you from the responsibility of POLITELY and HUMBLY correcting yourself. Yes, 'Huh' did rip and rant, but given what you SAID - as opposed to what you now say you MEANT - ripping and ranting was utterly appropriate.

Joe Baker, who would apologize - and has apologized - in such a situation rather than get defensive.

Follow Ups: