Re: Re: Summer Music Festivals

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on October 31, 2000 at 00:01:10:

In Reply to: Re: Summer Music Festivals posted by Aubrey Foard on October 30, 2000 at 22:57:50:

I wish you would rethink your position. How many guys playing now have been in bands. Let's see: Chester Schmitz(US ARMY Band) Pauld Kryzwicki(USMA Band).Most of the guys in DC have more orchestral experience than many of the kids that are taking auditions(they live in DC, supported by playing in a BAND). Oh Yeah, Lee Hipp(Navy Band System)Kelly Okamoto(Norad Band). Humble yourself and join the ranks who played in bands, and other venues, got gigs and counted our lucky stars we had the face time on the tuba and could pay the bills. No teacher is going to get you a gig, YOU are going to get you a gig. That means practice and playing. Like I said earlier, you can sell shoes or you can play, you pays your money, you take your chances. I am not intentionally trying to p*&^ you off, but you need to take a long hard look at your career. You have a greater chance of playing in the NBA than you do making a living playing in an orchestra. If you truly love playing the tuba, you will diversify and find that ALL avenues of playing have musical merit. By no means lose your dream, remember some day you may have to wake up. Good Luck to you!!!!!!!

Follow Ups: