Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unions, Florida Phil, Seattle Audition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on October 24, 2000 at 12:47:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unions, Florida Phil, Seattle Audition posted by A guy in TX on October 24, 2000 at 12:33:12:

So, the Dallas union guys had policies in place that caused the area to have a 'booming recording industry', but 'when they elected new officials and remedied the problem, the recording work dried up?' So, better to be out of work with theoretical residuals on non-existent work than working with pay-for-play but without residuals? You have made the best case against 'strong unions' I've ever heard!

And, as for being bitter, cry me a river. Most of us have to settle for a job that doesn't give us flutters in the gut every day. Are we supposed to feel sorry for you? And, while we're at it, why a government job? Why not get out there and compete in the free market? Oh, I guess competition is S-C-A-R-Y !! Well, it is sometimes, but I'll take a free market, where I can rise to the TOP on my MERIT any day! The last thing I want is some contract that limits me to what everyone else is making.

Flame away, I'm already burnt by GIT's post.

Follow Ups: