Re: Miraphone 191 better than 186?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aubrey Foard on October 21, 2000 at 23:14:07:

In Reply to: Miraphone 191 better than 186? posted by Donald S on October 20, 2000 at 23:07:21:

I realize it's too late to respond, but I just thought I'd add my own input for fun... Personally, I've had no experience playing a 191, but in the 186's (5R CC) defense, I feel as though it is one of the most versatile horns out there. I bought this horn new two years ago and it's really never let me down. I've been able to perform the entire VW Tuba Concerto (with band) and the 1st movement of the Gregson (with orchestra) on it with little more than one or two errors (this was before I got a Mirafone 190 F). I've used it to perform numerous orchestra pieces including Pictures at an Exhibition (Bydlo I played on F, of course) and the result is always spectacular. Also, I recently took a sub audition with the Milwaukee Symphony and it was commented to me that the horn sounded just as big as a Hirsbrunner at the same audition and a lot more articulate (but with a little less depth). Anyway, just thought I'd contribute that food for thought.

Aubrey

Follow Ups: