I Quit!! Wanna buy a tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on October 20, 2000 at 13:11:29:

I've been working myself half to death lately, and not getting the results I want out of any part of it, so I just spent three days off in the woods trying to set some priorities. One of the decisions I made was to give up the tuba (yes, that's what I said) and concentrate what practice time I have to trombone & euph. I've been trying to get back into tuba playing for a year now and still having all kinds of problems. I haven't made any progress in months, and in a year's time have only had one occasion to perform anyway.

Thing is, I have this Conn 10J tuba I'd like to sell or trade for a euphonium. I got the horn in the spring from Lee Stofer. The horn has the usual zillions of dents on the bell & bows, but is still in fine playing condition. Valves and slides work smoothly, and lacquer is fair. It comes in a leather Gig Bag (British "Bar Line" brand) that is in rough shape but protects the horn (for a bag, that is, Joe S). The bag has a broken strap and some bad wear on the bell area.

Subject to reality check from list participants, I'm asking $850. If you are interested, or know someone who is, please let me know. If you are in the Dallas area, I can meet with you to let you play it. Also, if you have an opinion about the market value of this thing, I'd be interested in hearing that as well. I'll probably still hang out here some, but my internet time is another priority change I'm making!

Joe "making tough decisions" Baker

Follow Ups: