Re: section leaders

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryo Sanada on October 16, 2000 at 15:15:46:

In Reply to: section leaders posted by Relena on October 16, 2000 at 15:06:58:

Hey! My school has this system as well, and I myself am a section leader. There are four tubas in my section and we're all guys, so we have closer relationships than, for example, the trumpets whom have a section population of thirteen with mixed genders. We've really been having a blast because at band camp we gave out personality awards. The seniors in each section do it (not necessarily the section leader, but in some cases there are no seniors and then the section leader gets to do it). I gave one of my kids, for example, the "Binder Award," because we carry our drill charts for marching band in binders and his was less than adequate, constantly falling apart. It was mostly things like that. Also, at a band festival recently held at my school there were programs and each section leader could place a "section ad" in it. I called mine "the biggest little section in the marching band," as our instruments are huge but there's only four of us. Then I scanned a picture of a sousaphone and placed everyone's yearbook picture in it and put a phrase describing them beneath it. For one of the boys I put--Dan "I know my drill better than the section leader" Holz. But for one of them I placed a smiley face in the bell of the tuba instead, since his phrase was "I don't like my yearbook picture."
Hope you enjoyed reading about my school!

--Ryo!

Follow Ups: