Re: Wisdom teeth.....ouch!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on October 16, 2000 at 09:29:10:

In Reply to: Wisdom teeth.....ouch! posted by Pete on October 16, 2000 at 02:12:09:

I had all of my wisdom teeth untill 33. Two were removed after an injury suffered at a part-time job. (I work as a police officer on the side after my teaching and playing jobs). Untill that point, I had no problems with wisdom teeth. When I had those removed, I was able to resume playing within 2 weeks.

The recoup time will depend more upon you and your ability to allow yourself to heal correctly. This is done by following instructions and keeping yourself healthy.

In my area in Northeast Arkansas, I know a dentist that also plays trumpet/flugelhorn semi-professionally. Dr. John Sanford in Jonesboro, AR (870-935-5518). He might be able to shed some light into the area.

Another Oral Surgeon that has worked on me is Dr. Michael Parkey from Jonesboro, AR. (870-932-0330). He was able to perform a root canal and prep a one-space bridge for me one afternoon, and had me playing a recording session on bass trombone 4 hours later that evening while I was in grad school.

I figure these people may be out of your contact area, but if you are interested in calling, they might be willing to shed dome light onto the subject.

Tom

Follow Ups: