Re: New York State Colleges

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Smith on October 03, 1999 at 12:14:57:

In Reply to: New York State Colleges posted by Bill on October 03, 1999 at 10:07:04:

Hi Bill,

I'm currently a student at Ithaca College in the tuba studio. I also auditioned at Potsdam and Eastman, as well as Ithaca. I have to say that I feel this is the best place for me out of my 3 choices. I like Potsdam and I loved Dr. Popeil, but he can be kind of quiet and not very happy sometimes. But still, he is a great teacher.

My problem with Don Harry and Eastman is that he's not there full time. I really wanted to to go to a school where the teacher was there more than one or two days a week, so I could make up my lesson if I couldn't make it at it's regularly scheduled time. Don't get me wrong though, Eastman still is a great school.

As for Ithaca, I love it here. I think that Dave Unland is a great teacher, not to mention a great person. He really tries to become friends with everyone in the studio and teaches us all great things. I've been here a month or so now and I can honestly say that I've learned so much.

To sum it up, your son should go where he feels the most comfortable and where he feels is best. All three of these schools are great and your son would be blessed to go to any of the three. Hope this helps, and if you have any questions about Ithaca, feel free to drop me a line.

Andy Smith
Tubist at Ithaca College

Follow Ups: