Re: Re: A story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph on November 26, 2003 at 16:57:33:

In Reply to: Re: A story posted by Rod Mathews on November 24, 2003 at 17:43:19:

Do you really think so? I actually think it says a lot of positive things about Arnold Jacobs. He *really* did play by sound rather than feel. Junior high kids would have felt a difference and still sounded like poop in comparison. ALSO, I think it's extremely enlightening to know that when things weren't sounding as good as they had in the past his *immediate* response was to look inward rather than to blame the equipment. I think the story is a very powerful message about the psychology of being one of the greats.

I have no doubt that Mr Jacobs knew the difference and was completely aware that it felt different but he also knew full well that the feel phenomenon wasn't a reliable gauge of ones playing and that things can easily feel different in the morning than they did the night before even when both performances sound great! His response was.. it feels different but more importantly it sounds different.

He practiced what he preached.

Follow Ups: