Re: Re: Meinl Weston F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on November 21, 2003 at 04:02:22:

In Reply to: Re: Meinl Weston F posted by Flame me on November 20, 2003 at 22:14:54:

I've seen the comments about the hand position many times. Amazingly enough, the prototypes are incredibly comfortable. It's like picking up a baseball. The big valves pose a challenge to a small handed guy, me, but the rest is great. I was always under the impression that prototypes were produced to find out what worked the best and then that is what would go into production. Evidently that is a false assumption on my part.

The sound is tremendous for an F tuba. There are a few slightly difficult notes to produce, what horn doesn't have one or two of those?, but overall I will never have to purchase another instrument. I cannot imagine wanting to purchase any other F tuba after I made that one. Not only is the F just about as good as they get, the CC it comliments is in the same category.

Good luck with finding a good F tuba. The search is just about as much fun as the purchase and then the daily practice.

Follow Ups: