Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: An Appeal to College Students.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on November 21, 2003 at 01:52:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: An Appeal to College Students..... posted by For One Thing on November 20, 2003 at 23:05:22:

My Dearest RYan (you clever wordsmith, you!),

Ray wrote a blanket post addressed as a request to College Students. If you will take the time to unclench your toes and reread it, you will see that it was a kind, civil post encouraging complete information in recital announcements to boost audience numbers. He did this, because he is a kind, civil man that loves music and all things tuba. He did not single out any post from any particular school.

To jog your flaccid memory, Ray wrote:

"If there is an recital/event at your school, that you wish to publicize, please don't abbreviate you school's name, in the post.

There undoubtedly is more than one XSU in the world, and those of us who don't happen go to your school, don't know which one you mean! [Show me where you see FSU in there, RYan; show me.]

It may not seem important, but it might mean the difference of having one more body in the audience, at your next recital!"

Then some smart aleck (you, maybe, RYan?) flung in an unneeded, rude arrogant little bit of flame bait just to appear to be clever. What you did was insult a good man that was trying to help out college students that are learning how to advertise themselves. (I would wager that he even was hoping to help out the misguided ones such as yourself.

You owe Ray an apology.

And boy, did you slam FSU with your own words or what???? You have some kind of major chip on your shoulder that needs removal.

It is irritating to continually read posts that contain information regarding performances that might have been of interest to me, that contain dates, times, and buildings, even addresses, yet do not reveal in which town (or even state) these events are to take place.

Further, I think that there is a fair chance that we all caught your truly ingenious "Tallahassee" clue. But Ray was not talking about the FSU in Florida or New York or anywhere else: he was addressing the practice of posting incomplete information.

There are several FSU's out there, just as there are a number of MSO's paying full time tubists a salary. If I mention that my MSO is playing a cool program that I hope some of you will come down to hear, I will not be so arrogant as to think that you will just know which one I am advertising: I will write out the name.

As for my "attaboy" to Ray: He does not generally say negative stuff, so your "well-thought-out-and-insightful clue" must have made him pretty mad; mad enough to respond to you rudeness. And I pat him on the back because I have not known him to rise up and swat before. I thought that you deserved it. I still do.

So: ha, ha, ha, ha.

Mind you manners and do what your mommy and daddy tell you to. Bye bye, little matey; bye bye.

Wade

Follow Ups: