Re: Re: Physicals/Tests for Military Bands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bad advice!! on November 20, 2003 at 21:57:06:

In Reply to: Re: Physicals/Tests for Military Bands posted by advice on November 20, 2003 at 16:24:58:

I worked in the defense industry for several years, and have lifelong friends who have as well. Many of these guys have Top Secret clearance. They ALL -- not some, but ALL -- smoked pot in their younger days, and EVERY ONE of them has told me that if I'm ever contacted I'm to tell the absolute truth about it. I've been called for references on all of them, told all I know, and NOT ONE has ever been denied a clearance.

Unless you are prepared to ask all of your friends to risk their own reputations and possibly criminal action by lying about this issue, take responsibility for your actions and tell the truth. If you are addicted, you're not fit for service. If you're not addicted, stop. Don't slow down, don't cut back, stop FOREVER, and be prepared to tell the truth about it when you are asked.

I note that the cynical person to whom I'm responding has not identified himself. Would you take advice on a matter that's this important from somebody who won't even identify himself?

Joe Baker, who wishes you the best.

Follow Ups: