Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HB euph...no takers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ... on November 15, 2003 at 21:05:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HB euph...no takers posted by Okay.. on November 15, 2003 at 14:46:54:

Well, reguardless, I wouldn't have pushed the issue, but when I read these posts, I feel like I'm being ridiculed for playing a compensating euph, and I'm only doing it because "everyone else does". That may not be what you are trying to say, but that's how I've taken it. I don't want to argue so I'll just say this. Granted, I've been taught the lesson of the "cash register", and I know that as far as solos go, 4th valve low notes don't come into play very often. But, when I look at the lists for the upcoming marine band audition, I see a couple of those notes in there. And I also know that perfection is what the people will be looking for, so I have to play those notes perfect. I feel that my compensating euph helps me do that. It was mentioned earlier that horn players often want double horns even though they might never play one side of the horn. But they have that side available if they need it, just like I have my compensating system when I need to play those notes. I guess a non-compensating horn would be fine in certain situations, but for what I want/need, it's not enough.

Follow Ups: