Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How can i make my parents realize.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by V. on November 12, 2003 at 22:56:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How can i make my parents realize....... posted by on November 12, 2003 at 22:39:22:

It's actually very rewarding. Okay, I've got a couple of disruptive kids, but I've also got a young tuba player who's game for anything. I figure it's best to teach him to be a musician first and let him work out how to make his fingers fly on his own (or someone else's) time. So right now, we're starting solfege (yes, he'll sing!) and I've got him playing Christmas carols by ear on his horn. I figure he'll be pretty awesome by the time he's ready for college.

And I just got a note from one of the HS band teachers asking me if I'd care to tutor one of his tuba players. The kid is getting tired of playing band tuba and wants to learn to play some music. He likes opera... (I'm probably more excited about this than he is).

Yessir, being a volunteer is a LOT more fun than being a career teacher--I can recommend it heartily.

Follow Ups: