Re: Re: Re: Plastic mouthpiece options - preference?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on November 12, 2003 at 20:06:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Plastic mouthpiece options - preference? posted by Sooo on November 12, 2003 at 19:26:04:

Hmm, does it affect my ability to play my Sousaphone while marching in 35 degree weather while raining in a 30mph wind gust at 0830 in the morning. Lets see. Hmmm.

No.

There are a bazillion more issues to deal with then a possible slightly different feel. I am battling a moving target called a Sousaphone neck while trying to maintain a high level of artistry out of the 1,000th rendition of Army of the Nile.

But now to actually answer your question as it relates to the mouthpiece feel. Sure it feels a little different on the lips, but I stopped noticing that a couple of years ago, shortly after I began using it. It plays just like any other PT-88 to me. Perhaps if I sat down and did some A/B comparisons I might be able to notice whether one was better than the other, but I doubt it.

I play a PT-88 as my CC tuba mouthpiece also, so the plastic rim PT-88 was a no brainer. And like I said, most of use use Perantucci plastic rims because they are one of the few "professional" line manufacturers who are willing to make plastic rims on top of being the line of choice for many of us on CC tubas also.

sean

Follow Ups: