Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MW 2000 for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Nazzaro on November 07, 2003 at 18:43:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MW 2000 for sale posted by Greg on November 07, 2003 at 15:10:07:

I have bought a few tubas in my day. One Eb sousaphone for $275.00. The seller didn't ask for tax on top of the purchase price, so I must assume he took care of the tax implications.

I bought one tuba from Dave Fedderly. I was in Texas at the time, so no sales tax. I didn't try it first, but trusted the source.

I bought a Yamaha CC from a music store in Maryland. We drove down to try it out, liked the horn and had it shipped to PA. The purchase probably occured interstate, so again, no tax.

I bought my F from a nice fellow from school. Didn't pay tax on top of that either, about $2,000 sale price.

My CC MW 2165 I purchased from Orpheus Music in San Antonio. During my sophomore year I started looking for tubas. I flew to Texas during spring break to try tubas. I drove home from Kansas to PA and stopped in Michigan to try tubas. That summer I was at Eastern Music Festival, so I tried some tubas at Tuba Exchange. When I went back to Kansas in the fall Custom Music shipped me a horn to try out and Orpheus stopped in Kansas on their way to Midwest so I could decide on what tuba I wanted with the help of my teacher. I decided on the Deck-o-phone and bought the horn from Orpheus in TX while I was in KS and the horn was shipped to PA (winter break). Again, no sales tax.

I usually try the horn before buying, or at least have the option of sending it back if not completey satisified. Anyone who pays sales tax on a purchase that large is not trying hard enough to avoid it.

Bill "who tried to figure out a way to avoid sales tax on his Honda Hybrid, but alas, that couldn't be done" Nazzaro

Follow Ups: