Re: in your dreams

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on November 28, 2002 at 14:48:40:

In Reply to: in your dreams posted by Marcus Bowers on November 27, 2002 at 12:44:34:

I recently went to Custom Music and tried about every make and model they had. I next made a trip to try a Meinl Weston Fafner and Miraphone 1291. I ended up buying the Miraphone but would have been just as happy with the Fafner. For a huge horm the Fafner is amazingly agile. One thing to consider in the Miraphone's favor is ease of maintenence. I think that piston valves are easier and more durable in any kind of institutional environment. Several people have played my Miraphone since I got it and all are amazed at how easy it is to blow and get a good sound. If you anticipate a lot of pedal work, the 5th valve option is very reasonably priced. Strange to see on a BBb but does give you all sorts of options. Also, they are built like tanks so can take abuse. The compact design might be a bit more versatile for different sized playes than the Fafner. The hadmade Fafners are really expensive in comparison to the non hand made ones and I really wonder if they are that much better. I have not tried the King 2341, but have also heard good things about it.

Follow Ups: