Re: Re: bag for King 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on November 25, 2002 at 10:15:44:

In Reply to: Re: bag for King 2341 posted by js on November 25, 2002 at 10:00:51:

Another option is to use the hard case, and if it does not have wheels, get a hauler/hand truck. Sears and Walmart both sell the type that has a handle that can either fit inside the upright tubes making it a hand truck, or can be pulled out and put in short recepticles at the top, giving you a hauler. It can then be used vertically with some heavy bungee straps to secure the case to the hand truck, or horizontally as a hauler with the case lying on it.

I haul my 20J this way. It has two cases. The body case lays on the bed and the bell case sits on top of the body case along with music stand, chair (if necessary), music, tuba playing stand, etc.

I covered the rails of the hand truck with pipe insulation secured with (what else but) duct tape, which keeps the case from sliding around the way it would if resting on metal rails. I also keep a couple bungees handy just in case they are needed. These hand truck/haulers will carry well over 200 lbs, so even a big tuba and equipment is no strain.

Just a thought for what it is worth :-)

Follow Ups: