Re: New King 2341 review?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on November 20, 2002 at 22:21:32:

In Reply to: New King 2341 review? posted by Andrew Loree on November 20, 2002 at 10:51:17:

I think it is a great horn, especially for the price. I just got one at the high school where I teach and I played it most of the summer when it first came in. I've also played a few examples at Dillons. All the horns I played were very nice and played well. Evidently others have had different experiences. If you can play more than one that would probably be a good thing. If you can get east to Dillons in NJ or Baltimore Brass that would be ideal. Can you say road trip!?!? I also like the old 2 piece bell Kings but the ergonomics of the one piece bell horn are better. I think the tone of the 2341 is beautiful, intonation is very consistent and because it is a small bore size it is an easy horn to play. If it has a fault I would have to say the low register below low F is stuffy. I have trouble getting down below the Eb. But in all seriousness, how often do you play down that low? I think the advantages of price, tone and intonation outweigh that shortcoming.
ken k

Follow Ups: