Besson Eb 981-2 for sale (Germany)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Mayer on November 20, 2002 at 10:35:34:

I am selling my almost brand new 981-2 (09/2000)including the original hard case for 4950 Euro. The tuba is in perfect conditions (silver plating, valves, intonation, sound!) and can be play-tested at Bob Tucci's Horn and Tuba Center in Eichenau, Germany (phone +49 8141 82045).

I purchased the Besson Eb after I was selling my B&S F-Tuba (6 valve rotary, owned for 16 years) in 2000 because
(i) I wanted to try something different in terms of sound
(ii) business, I am an amateur tubaist, consumed more and more time, thus practising on the F was more and more infrequent with stucking valves as a result. Pistons are much easier to get to work again than adhering rotaries
(iii) I wanted to maintain a certain 'quality level' in the tubas I play

The tuba was only used in two concerts (woodwind and brass tentett) and associated rehearsels, which a total playing time of only 25-30 hours.

I am selling the tuba, because of two reasons:
(i)underestimation of the time to get really used to Eb fingerings which is an issue if you do 'not have' the time to practice in addition to BBb, CC and F fingerings which I am still very used to
(ii) the 3+1 top-action set-up.

I will go back to an F tuba, very likely with pistons, which I still can pick-up and play without struggling with non-familiar fingerings

Sorry for the long post.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Chris

Follow Ups: