Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveney Eb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on November 18, 2002 at 14:58:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveney Eb posted by uuuhhh.... on November 18, 2002 at 13:38:32:

I don't know where or why you think you heard me saying that the Cerveny 641 Eb doesn't have the low range problems typical of the Germanic F tuba design. I don't remember ever saying that. In fact, several people have asked me about this tuba's capabilities as an all around bass tuba. Every such inquiry received the same basic response. The 641 is a great horn for what it does. My particular 641 isn't as bad as most F tubas I've tried in that range but it certainly does have an element of that problem. That is why I don't use it except in very specific circumstances. You might be mixing up my statements in the past where I said that I play Eb tubas because they don't generally have the low range problem we're discussing. The 641 is an exception to that but it also has a sound I haven't found in any other Eb tubas I've played that also don't have the problem. I think I've pretty consistently said these things because that's how I've always felt about the situation, even until the present.

I hope that clarified that for you, whomever you are.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: