Honors Project: Method Book

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sarah Metcalf on November 18, 2002 at 08:08:24:

Hello,

I am a senior music education major at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and I study with John Manning. For an honors project, I am creating a collegiate level method book for tuba majors. I feel there is a need to create such a book because tuba majors seem come to college with a wider variety of experience and skill levels than other instruments. Many of us have never had formal lessons, never learned how to practice or listen, and are even unaware of our ignorance. To help create this comprehensive book, I am interested in interviewing two tuba professors at another college-level institution. The questions are not about your personal history, but rather what you do in the practice room. I will either cite your name with any suggestions you provide or make a general statement that you contributed ideas. Your ideas will be used in conjunction with those from other professors at UMass as well as professionals such as Patrick Sheridan. If you are interested, please e-mail me and I will send you a list of questions. If possible, I would like to make an exchange before Thanksgiving, but my deadlines are flexible. I would be very interested in receiving input from a female professor as all my previous interview subjects have been men. Thank you for your time,

Sarah Metcalf

Follow Ups: