Re: Re: Re: Re: BBb? I think not!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on November 15, 2002 at 20:12:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: BBb? I think not! posted by Rick Denney on November 15, 2002 at 19:47:21:

Did I goof on this one? Please take it down in your diaries, as it will take at least an hour or more before that happens again.

However the shapes of the tuba, that the original poster linked to, and of the Cerveny Eb 641, that I linked to, are so similar, that a fairly shure conclusion can be made.

I am wondering on a side aspect of the original auction page referred to. Whereas I have no problems in understanding, that a very well known German dealer can acquire old instruments out of the former "northern-states-behind- the-iron-curtain", I have some problems with understanding, that Bulgaria should be a source for instruments, that after all belong to the upper end of, what was available behind that curtain before it fell. I have been in Bulgaria in 1993. Of course much can have happened since then. But in 1993 Bulgaria was poor beyond belief. Even Romania was better of.

Poland and Hungary had cars for private traffic. In Romania the private traffic on the main roads was on horse waggons. In Romania the private families rode small donkey carts on the roads, that carried the international transit traffic.

Klaus

(who better should avoid posting within the next hour)

Follow Ups: