Re: Re: St. Petersburg tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony on November 15, 2002 at 19:31:32:

In Reply to: Re: St. Petersburg tubas posted by Lee Stofer on November 14, 2002 at 08:09:09:

I've played both the Weril and the St. Pete EEb, and can tell you that the Weril does not even begin to compare. The St. Pete EEb is a pretty good horn that could work in just about any situation, whereas the only selling point I can think of for the Weril would be the price.

From what I observed, the construction on the St. Pete EEb was much improved over the BBb's that I've seen(though, that could be specific to the horn that I played). The Weril EEb's construction was a lot like the Weril CC/BBb's.. not perfect, but passable. The Weril really stuck out as a "low-budget"(or "student") horn, though, whereas the St. Pete could easily pass for a professional quality horn if it's name's reputation were ignored.

All in all, I can't honestly say that the Weril EEb would be good for any kind of performance situation. I don't know the price on the St. Pete, but if it's in the same ball park as the BBb, it's definitely a better value than the Weril.

my $.02

Anthony

Follow Ups: