Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy B. on November 10, 2002 at 14:03:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner Tubas posted by Tom B. on November 10, 2002 at 12:40:15:

Unless I'm mistaken, Hirsbrunners are put together mostly by hand. If you want be to believe they are made on a assembly line, you gonna have to show me proof. I could be wrong, but only the cheapest tubas I've seen are completely mass produced. When I referred to the York tubas, I meant that the construction and playability have stood the test of time. With the exception of a few instruments, most of Yorks I've seen have been well used and have taken lots of abuse. Even classic cars fall into disrepair with age, but what makes them hold up is how well they were put together. No matter how well you take care of a Ford Pinto, it would still fall apart on you (you can't polish a turd). If you've never seen a St. Petersburg or Jupiter that was poorly built, ask someone on this board or do a search. Heck, just play one that's a couple of years old and see for yourself. I appreciate your opinion on this and I really don't like to carry on arguments on this board, but I don't really agree with you on this. Its cool though. If I can carry on an intelligent disagreement on the board without it turning ugly, I don't mind it so much. Like I said, I might be wrong. I never said the high price of a Hirsbrunner was completely justified.

Tracy "can agree to disagree" Bedgood

Follow Ups: