Re: Perspective

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I'm back... on November 06, 2002 at 11:46:56:

In Reply to: Perspective posted by Downsized on November 05, 2002 at 17:34:58:

Dear Downsized,

Bob Ponto talked to me in a lesson once when I was really down (I don't remember why I was depressed, but it must have been big cause I'm generally a happy person). He said that he wished that when things were going great and we were happy that we could take some of it and put in our pockets for those days that it seemed that the sky was caving in on us.

Go get your photo album, look at some good times. Talk about the good times. Go to church and pray. Realize that this is only temporary. Be determined that you will prevail. And yes, I am realistic - take some time first to go ahead and be saddened and feel like crap. But then get your ass up and draw on your positive attitude. You are a winner.

Luck is opportunity met by preparation, attitude, and determination. You will be lucky if you decide to be lucky. Sometimes bad things happen to good people (and to lucky people), but you will be victorious today if you decide that this is the day your luck will change. The road is hard, but keep your eyes on the prize.

My prayers are with you.

Alan Herold

Follow Ups: