Re: Does Mid-South Music Have a Web Site?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nope on November 05, 2002 at 18:49:47:

In Reply to: Does Mid-South Music Have a Web Site? posted by ???? on November 05, 2002 at 18:30:41:

maybe soon, but honestly we'll never be a sell-a-ton-o'-tubas store...and to be available for a lot of tuba repairs/customizing we would have to drop our main $$$$$$-maker which is rentals to school kids.

If we "someday" shut down our brick-and-mortar store (since 1979) and go 99% internet, I can see possibly selling a few more brands of tubas and helping out more folks with special tuba needs. Heck, I even had to turn down Gil Long just over from me in Nashville on some work that he needed to have done...' just too much routine "junk" to do around here. Also think about this: Brooks-Mays decided the tuba thing wasn't the greatest biz to get into heavily and here's another thing to consider: What would Dillon's "tuba department" really be without Matt's generosity and wizardry? Of the rare places that "do" tubas, there is one in the mid-Atlantic area with a good selling reputation and a guy on the west coast with a recently-established-but-good selling reputation. WWBW has offered a good selection and prices for quite awhile, and a couple of other places in the U.S. have been "questionable". I encourage you guys to support the very-rare-and-very-few good "tuba shops" and to not abuse their generosity too much. If a "tuba store" is competitive, the mark-up on tubas are very low, and the liability (shipping costs, occasional "lemons", in-store dents/scratches/spit/fingerprints in silver, etc.) is pretty high. Let's keep the good tuba shops around. They are a luxury not found anywhere else in the world.

-Joe, who only offers a couple of brands of tubas (& remanufactured sousas) for sale

Follow Ups: