Re: President's Marine Band Audition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Holtz on November 14, 2001 at 00:23:15:

In Reply to: President's Marine Band Audition posted by Ryan Scott on November 13, 2001 at 20:56:57:

We don't usually send any kind of confirmation that we've received your application and resume, sorry about that. If you've sent your application and resume back, thank you. The last time I checked with John back in Washington, only a handful of applications/resumes had arrived.

Let me take this opportunity to ask everyone who is planning on coming to the audition to please send in their application and resume. The tour band will finish this year's National Tour shortly, and our attention will turn immediately to the audition. Our preparations depend on receiving as many completed applications as possible prior to the audition.

For a complete audition information packet and application, please write to:

Operations Officer, U.S. Marine Band
Marine Barracks, 8th & I Streets, SE
Washington, DC 20390-5000

or send an e-mail message to hurleyjm(AT)mbw.usmc.mil
or fax (202) 433-4752
or call (202) 433-5714 between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. eastern time.

Please be sure to include your instrument(s) and mailing address in all correspondence.
All auditions are held at Marine Barracks, Washington, DC.

Please note: Due to recent events at U.S. Postal offices in the Washington, DC, metro area, application packets sent via mail since the middle of October may have not yet reached the band. For questions concerning receipt of your materials, please call (202) 433-5714. At this time, recommended alternatives for submission via U.S. mail are e-mail or fax.

Additional information can be found on the Marine Band website. Thanks!

Tom Holtz

Follow Ups: