Perfect Fifth Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Mordhorst on November 11, 2001 at 17:32:41:

Hello all,

If you recall about a week ago I posted about Perfect Fifth and the lead Trumpet player who didnt' wanna play because of his lips. I'm not going to go into great detail over this, you can read the old Thread http://www.chisham.com/messages/75121.html .

Well, I asked him today if he is going to play 100%, at full volume, in the right octave and for more than an hour, with 15 minute breaks. He said no, so I said, "well then i'm sorry but in that case you are no longer needed in the group. When can I Pick up the book?" (this was all online) Before all this there was much name calling on his part. I was very respectful and made sure not to say anything mean, and he kept throwing and throwing the insults about me and my playing.

When did didn't answer when I can pick up the book, I called him and he hunk up on me. So I went to go pick it up anyway, and for some reason I got it without him starting another fight. So, I now have the book, and am short 2 trumpet players, because the 2nd trumpeter is siding with him. So, I said no biggie, and asked him to bring me the book on Tuesday. We're cool, but he thinks what I did was wrong.

I just wanted to update everyone, and thanks for all your advice. I actually have 2 trumpeters who are better and want to join. Things are looking good.

Dan Mordhorst,
Perfect Brass Quintet,
Tuba

Follow Ups: