Re: How Good/Bad Are......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by olituba on November 09, 2001 at 10:03:37:

In Reply to: How Good/Bad Are...... posted by Ken Herrick on November 08, 2001 at 15:01:34:

As youīre posting from australia and need instruments of fairly decent quality for 5th grade kids, why donīt you take the Jupiters into considering... When teaching I play one myself that I own since the mid nineties. with a bit of normal care it didnīt require a visit to a repair-shop so far and sounds fairly good. A friend of mine, a pro-5tett-trombone-player tested it 2 or 3 years ago and said it costs half as much as the BACH- equivalent, which in turn isnīt twice as good for being twice as expensive. The Bach tenor medium size with valve would be somewhere near 3000 DM without case or gig-bag, whereas my Jupiter tenor, bass-tromb-bore only was 1500 with the case...I allways tell parents who want to buy somathing for their kid, that this is an ok Instrument, and if the kid wants something real good later, they can allways sell the jupiter to another student and get themselves more elaborate and consequently more expensive. But itīs a good horn to start on.

Oli

Follow Ups: