Re: Re: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on November 09, 2001 at 04:00:07:

In Reply to: Re: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!! posted by Lee Stofer on November 07, 2001 at 10:27:27:

Though I have had nothing bad happen with Fedx, I have with UPS. The worst casees are after spending a great deal of time rebuilding an instrument and polishing it to a nice bright luster. Then send it to the platers for a coat of silver or gold. Once it has been completed, you pack it with great care and pride in ones workmanship and send it off to the other side of the country antisipating the pleasure the owner will recieve when they unpack it. WRONG! What you get is an upsetting phone call! Followed by a return shippment and then a battle with UPS claims reps. (insult to injury) who always find you at fault and say it was not packed properly!!!!???? How the #*% say it with a straight face I do not know. They naturaly refuse to cover the extensive cost to re-repair the now wrecked instrument. The part I could never understand is how they get to make the decision about if they will pay or not. Seems the only way they will is if they loose it and in a few cases, after examining the job they did on the horn, I wish they did.

I have completed my Ranting. (for now)

Daniel C. Oberloh
Oberloh Woodwind and Brass Works
www.oberloh.com

Follow Ups: