Where to get a case repaired

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason Baker on November 08, 2001 at 16:54:14:

I've got a question for all of you. Where can you get a damaged tuba case repaired? The reason I ask is becuase the german style (plastic shell, big hump on the side for the valves, shaped like the tuba) tuba case I bought with my Neptune about a year and a half ago has been self destructing over the past six months. Both of the handles are pretty much useless. The part of the case where the dragging handle is attached is cracking. The rivets for the other handle broke as I was carrying my ax out to my car yesterday. I now have a $500 tuba shaped box with no usable handles (both handles are still attached to the the case but i cannot use them without causing further damage to the case). My parents suggested taking it to a luggage repair shop in our neighborhood. I'm kind of skeptical about this. I have emailed the place where I bought the case from to find out if it is under warranty, but if it is not, I need to find a place to get it repaired.
Thanks

P.S. Yeah, I know I should have taken care of this when it first started falling apart six months ago, but I didn't have the time to screw around with it then either.

Follow Ups: