Re: Re: Re: Re: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Graham Smith on November 08, 2001 at 12:10:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!! posted by Tom Mason on November 07, 2001 at 15:03:36:

I'm married to a former teacher (special ed), so I'm NOT picking on teachers. They have a terrible job situation in many cases because of the politics that surround education and because, frankly, few people really seem to give a hoot about this problem.
To take it down to real "brass tacks" levels, when was the last time you went through a "drive through" and placed more than one order without a bet or two in your car about whether the order would be correct when you got it? That's not a high-tech problem, folks, but what so often happens is that it gets messed up. As the old saw goes, "This ain't rocket science," but if our labor force has trouble with that task, what does it mean for the rest of the jobs that we expect people to do competently?
(By the way, I have personal experience with the other end of the burger orders, since I worked as a "soda jerk" at the front counter for an A&W way back in the early 60's, long before there were drive through windows. :)
Graham

Follow Ups: