Re: Kraft- Encounters2 !

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Baer on November 29, 2000 at 01:13:40:

In Reply to: Kraft- Encounters2 ! posted by Kristian Kifa on November 23, 2000 at 17:35:50:

Hello all,
it's very seldom that I actually post something here but this is one time I will step in and give my 2 bits.
This is directed to all you snot nosed little kids that feel the that none of the Encounter's techniques can be done without recording tricks or edits. Grow up and smell the roses! Roger Bobo is one of greats when it comes to technique and sheer chops. Also, take a minute and think about when the Encounters was recorded. Could you have have done such a performance without ever hearing anyone else play that piece? He did, and no matter if it was edited or not, it was done so that everyone else could enjoy and learn from that recording. Perhaps we should all thank the man for taking the tuba as far as he has rather than tying to figure out how he may have tried to fool his listners. As Norm Person has said, he can do it.
now lets all get off the computer and spend more time in the practice room rather than trying to bash one another, myself included......
SMILE, AND REMEMBER, WHEN YOUR NOT PRACTICING, SOMEONE ELSE IS AND WHEN YOU MEET HIM, HE WILL WIN.....
Good luck,
AL
gee, maybe snot nosed was a little harsh?? na...

Follow Ups: