Re: Re: Low Brass Ensemble - how to start one.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on November 19, 2000 at 22:56:51:

In Reply to: Re: Low Brass Ensemble - how to start one. posted by Tom C. on November 19, 2000 at 14:32:12:

Make sure you have at least one player who can play the lead. Sounds siple enough I know, but not alwasy the case. It helps of course to have more than one so they can share the high stuff. But generally speaking the lead euph/bone parts are pretty high and you need someone with strong high chops. There really is no "beginner music" in this genre. It all is fairly advanced. I don't know how advanced you are, but I have not had good luck trying to start a group with kids younger than high school age and sometimes that is even tough. We start out with some basic tubachristmas stuff and go from there.
I tried to start a group a years ago in college (yes even in college, I won't say where) and just couldn't find someone to play first euph and it was very frustrating. Also the members have to be able to read well since there is not directo to help them. Basically be very selective of whom you pick to play otherwise you could be in for a very frustrating experience.

ken k

Follow Ups: