Re: Gene Dowling's email address?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on November 19, 2000 at 19:29:15:

In Reply to: Gene Dowling's email address? posted by in search of... on November 19, 2000 at 16:48:07:

Many people do not wish to have their email addresses put on a public forum for one reason or another - hey, we are all different! Many times if there is a request for an email address and I know the person, I will email outside the list with an address or offer to forward a message. Of course this is impossible when there is no address placed on the message.

This brings up a can of worms. Our younger members seem to use aliases - probably good for children, but this is a forum of all ages. It seems to me that if a student is of the ability to need to contact one of our professional members, they should identify themselves. If you do not desire to post your own email address for privacy reasons, shouldn't the addresses of others be treated the same way?

Personally, I suggest that if you need to contact someone, when requesting it ask to be contacted off the list. Your chances of getting it will increase!

Follow Ups: