Re: Marine Band vs. College

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Carl L on November 18, 2000 at 09:38:10:

In Reply to: Marine Band vs. College posted by Matt on November 17, 2000 at 23:40:17:

Matt-Speaking as an old crusty Vietnam-vet Marine I am a bit prejudiced toward the military. I left college in my third year to enlist in the Corps. I thought I'd be a member of "The President's Own" (THE Marine Corps Band, the Washington one...) but I didn't have the chops YOU apparently have,Matt!I ended up in 'Nam, but life has a way of sorting itself out. Like Mike, I'm sure I'm opening myself up to a handful of flames, but...I never regretted joining the Corps. I finished out my stint, returned to college and married a girl I had met in school. That's 29 years ago, and we're still going strong! The GI Bill paid for both my BA abd Masters. You can always go to college after your tour. Or, if you like the Corps experience enough, make a career out of the military.Believe me, there are a heck of alot worse jobs out there than "20 in the Corps"- or any branch of the service, for that matter. Bottom line- if the Corps offers you the program, I say take it and run. There are life experiences you'll get in the Corps that will prepare you for college and beyond. Just some thoughts from an old Marine "grunt".

Follow Ups: