Re: Besson Prestige Euph Vs Sovereign

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on November 15, 2000 at 10:03:58:

In Reply to: Besson Prestige Euph Vs Sovereign posted by Bruce on November 13, 2000 at 06:03:41:

I personally didn't care much for the Prestige either. Now, to avoid getting thrashed upon by overly passionate tubenetters, I have to stress that that is my opinion and my opinion alone. I own a Sovereign and nearly traded "up" for the Prestige... until I actually played it. I think Besson was looking to compete with the Willson 2950 with this horn, which it does. BTW, I don't care for the 2950 much either. Anyway, they achieved a more Willson like sound on the horn, which is a departure from the Besson signature sound. The Prestige was only going to be marketed in Britain at first, but once we al heard about it, requests came flowing in. I don't think they've lost it, but I do think that they have some minor quality control issues. One last thing... The cost hike is also a feature they added to get more in line with the Willson. I'm just glad that the Sovereign isn't being replaced by the Prestige.

Follow Ups: