Re: Re: Edwards Trombones..........sorry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on November 10, 2000 at 00:10:52:

In Reply to: Re: Edwards Trombones..........sorry posted by frequent poster with opinions on November 09, 2000 at 03:53:51:

I would not agree with the assessment that Edwards are "Junk". At least that was not the case with mine. I had 5 bells and 3 slides sent to me to try out and they were all very fine, save one bell, which had a very tiny ding in it, and that bell was offered to me at a discounted price. My Edwards slide is as good as if not better than any slide I've had in 30 years of trombone playing.
Now I will admit Getzen has made some horrid instruments over the years. Who can forget the infamous "Frumpet?" But their quality has improved dramatically with the manufacture of the Candaian Brass Horns and now the Getzen G50 tuba and the Edwards trumpet and trombones.
BTW I got my Edwards for $35 dollars less than I would have paid for the Custom Series bass bone from my local retailer. The reason being I bought the horn via mail order and did not have to pay sales tax. Even after shipping all the parts back that I did not buy it was still cheaper. I did save $150 by getting a Pro-tech case instead of the Edwards case. Is it as nice as a Shires? Perhaps not but then again it was $600 less. And I blew it against my student's Bach 50T3 and The Edwards was much freer blowing and I prefered the tone of my Edwards bell.
ken k
ken k

Follow Ups: