Re: Re: Re: Performance Major and Marching Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MBD on November 14, 1999 at 00:09:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Performance Major and Marching Band? posted by Jay Bertolet on November 13, 1999 at 23:53:43:

Oh yes J. I am a real honest to God band director. Since I don't know you personally, I can't comment on you personally. However, the fact that you do share info on this BBS says a lot about you. But there are some of your college-level tuba brethren who look down their leadpipes at those of us at the high school level. And with all of the other things that could cause me (and others) to lose kids, I don't need people who are supposed to be experts, pros or whatever downing marching band. If FIU can prosper without a marching band, congrats. But i'll bet that the reason you have no marching band is because you prbably have no football team, and at the HS level the Jocks rule no matter how bad they suck and no matter how successful the band program is. I've got a good sized budget and get plenty of support in my community, but I don't kid myself into thinking that it would continue if we stopped marching. If any other BDs out there disagree, please feel pree to chime in here anytime.

Follow Ups: