Re: Re: Besson CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Calkin on May 31, 2003 at 18:34:33:

In Reply to: Re: Besson CC posted by Mark on May 31, 2003 at 16:43:04:

FWIW, when I was at the MENC conference in Portland, OR in February, they had the "show" horn there. Though the man running the booth was more closely affiliated with the string instruments for sale and therefore couldn't tell me much about the horn, he was able to produce a catalog (OK, brochure) that had the CC right alongside the rest of the Besson line, and he quoted me prices for both lacquer and silver models, which I sadly don't remember. He also said that if I was really interested, I could try to get in touch with Pat Sheridan(!), as he is a noteworthy spokesman for Besson tubas.

He affirmed that the instrument would be released later this year, but this is a song we've heard more than once.

By the way, the horn played easily and had a big, velvety sound, which surprised me b/c the receiver was just a hair too big for my Finn 1 mouthpiece (it spun freely in the leadpipe). I didn't have a tuner with me, sadly, so I can't comment on that aspect of the horn, though nothing jumped out at me as being grotesquely out of tune.

-J

Follow Ups: