Posted by Steven on May 29, 2003 at 00:17:48:
As my "to pick from" list expands a little bit, I have to consider if I want to start on an Eb or a Bb onn
I seem to have more interesting options offered in the "Eb" category.
I once had use of a Martin Eb sousaphone, and a Bb Conn sousaphone, and I was able to make more substantial sounds on the Martin.
I am, as admitted, a beginner.
What would be a better instrument for a beginner?
1) Pre-war York Eb Master helicon, 3 valves needs a bit of work
2) No-name EEb helicon, 4 valves needs no work
3) Conn 4 valve sousaphone 28K
4) Conn 34J 4 valve BBb recording bell
5) Conn 2J 4 valve CC recording bell?
6) York Master Pre-War Eb 3 front piston valves cheap and messed up a little at BBC?
(I have lots more to choose from, but these have captured my imagination).
Interested In Opinions, Hoping That He's Not "Stealing" An Instrument No Longer Available,