Re: Re: Re: Re: Bill Bell recordings on LP?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Andrada on May 28, 2003 at 20:31:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Bill Bell recordings on LP? posted by Mark Wiseman on May 28, 2003 at 14:07:13:

I don't think "stealing one" is the right analogy.

If I "stole it" the guy who now has it wouldn't have it any more.

If we had a super xeroxer that could copy tubas now that would be a thought!

Want to run a few yorkbrunners through at kinko's? Could you pick your own color?

Frankly if Mr Phillips would push the button on his PC for me I'd be delighted to send him $5 or $10 or whatever, within reason.

And I think that's the real point - in this digital univers in which we live, there's NO REASON ON EARTH OR ANYWHERE ELSE that somebody or some PC can't take my order off the Internet and print out a copy of a score or a part or a CD and mail it to me. Or even e-mail it to me.

I think that Barnhouse (the march publisher) finally got it right when they declared that the letters P. O. P. are no longer in use at their establishment.

They'll make you a copy of anything, parts, scores, band sets, whatever.

Because I think they've digitized it all and it's only a button push.

In fact there are plenty of folks on this board computer savvy enough that the Internet order could actually print out the part or burn the CD - no human intervention required.

I think the current laws reward sloth on the part of the publishers in waking up to the fact that there's gold in them "their" archives.

(And I know I mixed expressions and used the other "their" - I did it on purpose, so the spelling police can go take a long walk on a short pier!)

Follow Ups: