Newest uploads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K on May 28, 2003 at 00:21:52:

The recent thread on pre-WWII Yorks and post- WWII York Master tubas have generated a welcome voluntary addition to my galleries: a couple of fine .jpg's of a 1915 York BBb with 3 front action pistons.

Amazingly close to its original shape. And having a re-tuning devise from high to low pitch. A construction I first saw on the F/Eb Yamaha mellophone, but which also has been know from double purpose 5th valves of certain older Meinl-Weston models.

The instrument is not unknown to TubeNet regulars, but as usually I let owners stay unknown.

As an add on to the York discussion in Y and YM: take a look at the bells of the represented Conn 40K sousaphone. They have quite impressive throats.

The newest index (.htm format, active links) can be found on top of this page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YorkMasterPublicPhotosIII/files/

The new additions are found via the link given below here, There are instruments from at least two makers formerly unknown to me:

RUCHET of Lausanne: a Bb Saxhorn baryton 3 piston - 9 pics

Billmann & Thürmer of Dresden-Pottschappel: an alto flugelhorn 3RV - 3 pics

Despite my double affinities as "the little boy in the candy shop" and as a teacher used to catch attention by means of illustrations I will abstain from adding a presentation photo to this posting for the sake of its loading speed.

Klaus

Follow Ups: