**Silver Meinl Weston 2155 For Sale**

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew Welborn on May 26, 2003 at 23:54:37:

Hello Tubenetters,

I am selling my basically new silver Meinl Weston 2155 with flight case, bag, and mouthpiece. I have used it in pro orchestras and in brass quintets, brass ensembles, tuba quartet, and solo.. It has a huge sound.. it projects great in the orchestra with a really focused dark sound. I suppose the horn’s Forte playing is one of its “fortes!”It has really good intonation, too… it’s just a really solid all purpose tuba. I bought the horn at ITEC last year out of all the horns there.. it has a couple of very minor dings that could easily be taken care of, none of which affect the sound. I would love to sell it soon as i am looking to buy another horn right now and really need the money... and i would like to get $7800 out of it, with case and bag and all… buying a new one with current exchange rates with silver plate, case, and bag would be substantially more. We might be able to meet up and you could play it if you like. let me know what you think. and i will be happy to answer any other questions you might have about the horn. This horn would be great for you guy and gals going to college next year. It really does fit all applications quite well… I have used it from Wagner and Shostakovich to Berlioz and brass quintet.
Hopefully this is what you are looking for! Feel free to email me.

thanks a lot

Andrew Welborn

from Meinl Weston website
2155:
5/4 size
Model Warren Deck
4 piston steel valves (Big Valve)
Bore: .748in - .787in
5th valve rotary valve (.807in) thumb operated
Bell diameter: 17.5in

This instrument is another result of the continuing cooperation of Meinl-Weston with Warren Deck. It was designed to perform equally as a great orchestral instrument as well as a quintet

Follow Ups: